Problem with mua

Hi I have a problem whit this case. From the rx it seems that the mua has not seated perfectly onto the implant. I can’t screw it at 30 newton, It seems like It is spinning. Could It be a manufacturing defecte? Or Is there a problem whit the gum or the bone around the implant? I covered the mua whit a healing cap and hand tightening It felt solids. The components are all original MIS. What should i do? Thanks for your attentions.

So if this was my case-

• I would verify if it on an implant analog. If it did then I know that the issue is something in the mouth. If the issues was repeated then it is probably a manufacturing issue
  • if I verify the MUA works then I would probably look to see if it is getting caught on the bone and remove bone in a controlled method (maybe a profiler) or freehand and identify what is causing it not to seat.

I would agree with everything implantart has said and I would also ask if you have tried to remove the MUA since placing it. While it is a stretch there is a chance that the implant is spinning and that is keeping you from reaching the final torque. If this is the case then the implant will come out when you remove the MUA… I have seen situations, 3-4 over the past 20 years, where an asymptomatic otherwise normal appearing fixture is partially integrated and can be rotated within the osteotomy without any reaction from the patient.

1 Like

The product is not defective. Tissue or bone is blocking the seating and this is not uncommon.