Immediate Provisional

My preference has always been to minimize steps/procedures for my patients and as a result I have explored numerous techniques for fabricating immediate provisionals. A well contoured provisional can do wonders for site preservation and IMHO should always be at least considered vs. defaulting to a ridge lap acrylic flipper that will certainly compromise, at the very least, the time it takes to achieve an acceptable esthetic result.

The provisional was fabricated on the fixture mount of a Zimmer TSVM 3.7x11.5mm. I used to hate this fixture mount but it makes a great temporary abutment as well as fixture level impression coping if needed…

Nice work, looks great and setting yourself up for a great final restoration.
When I don’t directly temporize I always use an Essix with Pontic tooth instead of a flipper and you can modify the Pontic tooth to help sculpt too but doing the way you posted is ideal.

You are correct and the important thing is that the pontic be made ovate. It is still less than ideal because of the amount of time that the Essix is out of the mouth which allows time for the soft tissue to flatten out. As long as we take the time to either communicate to our labs or to modify the ridge lap flippers that are so common we are at least moving in the right direction. In the event of a ridge lap flipper being necessary, for whatever reason, consider putting a custom made or a prefabricated contour healing abutment as nobody wants to guess with flat tissue…