Immediate Implant for Maxillary Molar

It seems as though most folks are still opting to utilize a staged approach when replacing molars, especially maxillary molars. My preference is and has always been to minimize, within reason, time and cost for my patients. About 15 years ago I started placing immediate implants for maxillary molars and can honestly say that it is equally as successful and predictable as the more tedious and expensive staged approach. Attached is a case where #3 was sectioned and extracted with the immediate installation of a 5.4x10mm ZimVie TSX with an Encode healing abutment at the time of placement. The peri-implant void was filled with NovaBone putty and 2 simple interrupted 4-0 Chromic Gut sutures were placed to reapproximate the tissue. I prefer a putty as it stays well contained even without the use of a membrane and the soft tissue will rapidly migrate over the exposed portion of the putty. This is a relatively simple and predictable procedure that has been incredibly beneficial for me and my patients alike…