Collex Connection -Sweden & Martina

Hello there,
If anyone has used their Prama or shelta implants and would appreciate if you can provide your experience with their Collex connection.
TIA

Never tried it but that TG fixture on their website looks really nice… I wish it had a 6.5mm Wide Neck like BSB and Straumann but otherwise a great looking product. The rest of their line, while good looking stuff, is just more of the same modifications to a bone level fixture in an attempt to get them to respond as favorably over time as tissue level fixtures do. The current state of implant dentistry reminds me of the the evolution of posterior composite restorations. By this I mean that the entire industry is focused on developing a universal bone level fixture that will perform as well as a tissue level fixture. Sort of like the struggle to develop a composite that will perform as well as amalgam except that tissue level fixtures don’t have that mercury toxicity thing hanging over its head. I honestly believe that any bone level fixture, regardless of bone sparing capability, will always be inferior to a true tissue level fixture simply because of the removable transmucosal component which results in irreversible damage to the soft tissue.

According to Sweden & Martina, the Prama neck (2.8mm ) is narrow or convergent to increase the degree of vertical freedom or vertical platform switching.

So a tissue level fixture without the flared transmucosal profile. Looks like a great idea as long as the space is narrow because otherwise it will result in a toadstool looking restoration. Anything that protects the soft tissue from repeated hardware removal/insertion like what is necessary when restoring traditional bone level fixtures is a step in the right direction… I think!